It consists of three music halls, with seating capacities of 2,700, 1,200 and 700 places respectively, situated one below the other, whose external configuration resembles three beetles. The halls are connected, externally, by a semicircular building (the “anulare”) and, internally, by a 3,000-seat open-air theatre (the “cavea”). The complex also includes a commercial-office building (northern building) and a 200-vehicle car park, as well as a hanging garden at the level of the roof of the anulare, the northern building and the car park, which can be used as a public park.
Four main materials were used for the finishing works:
- curtain bricks, covering almost the whole exterior, the foyers and the 1200-seat hall;
- travertine, for the floors of the hall lobbies;
- American cherry wood for acoustic wall and ceiling panels in the halls, for the hall floors and for the dropped ceilings of the foyers;
- lead, for full coverage of the music hall roofs.
|MAIN TECHNICAL DATA:|
|Concrete: 22,000 m3|
|Reinforcement steel: 2,800 t|
|Curtain bricks: 1,800,000 n|
|Wood laminate: 1,100 m3|
|Roman travertine flooring: 26,000 m2|
|Wood flooring and dropped ceilings (American cherry): 21,700 m2|
|Gypsum dropped ceilings: 17,000 m2|
|Lead coverings: 18,000 m2|
New Rome auditorium